Tuesday, December 19, 2006

SNL idea

I've been watching Saturday Night Live since 1984 (middle school for me) when I first learned to program my parents VCR (I also recorded Friday Night Videos). And SNL has become one of my favorite shows because of it's creativity and edgy humor. It's even gotten better in the last few years. But the show's curse is that each show only has a few great sketches. Which can be obnoxious, but also kind of makes sense when you only have one week to write and create a show that complex.

So I was thinking that it would be cool if they could somehow grab all the best sketches and throw them together.

So this is my idea. I think they should start having fans rate all the sketches for each show on SNL's website, and then at the end of the season have a show that is created from the best rated skits and performances of the year. Which they could so easily do right now as a clip show. But to make it even cooler they should actually have a live show where they recreate the sketches and make the guests come back (free publicity) or if they can't make it have other guest to fill in.

Just an idea. But a totally doable idea.

1 comment:

Bluanne said...

McCain and Obama should do a skit on Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? Math, science, and English is there favorite subject.
Bluanne Starr